Make a Donation
You can make an online donation through any one of our three project pages on GlobalGiving. Donations to our GlobalGiving projects are tax-deductible for US taxpayers and completely secure for everyone. UK taxpayer donations are eligible for GiftAid.
SOUTH AFRICA / ANIMALS
Provide Food & Care for our Wildlife Orphanage
SOUTH AFRICA / EDUCATION
Educate African Children to Save Their Environment
SOUTH AFRICA / DEVELOPMENT
Providing Outreach and Support to Local Communities
SOUTH AFRICA / DEVELOPMENT
Help renovate our kitchen!
Our Dutch friends can also donate to our projects through our PIF website. Donations made there are tax deductible and completely safe.
Are you interested in making an unrestricted contribution to DAKTARI? Donations can then be used for any of the projects listed above. You can donate online through the secure PayPal link - we will be informed of your donation and you will regularly receive reports on the progress of the project and how your contribution has helped.
adopt an animal
You can become a sponsor and adopt one of DAKTARI's orphaned animals. DAKTARI's Wildlife Orphanage is home to many different animals. Each and every one has a special place with us and we do our best to ensure they have a comfortable and happy life.
What does your sponsorship cover?
- A good quality and balanced diet - This covers the cost of food for the animal that you sponsor. This includes any special supplements the animal may need as well as some extra treats!
- Daily maintenance of the enclosures - This includes all of the materials to carry out the cleaning as well as the disinfectant used to keep everything in pristine condition.
- Improvements and updates of enclosures - In addition to the maintenance of the enclosures, your donation will go towards any necessary upkeep that may be required. Moreover, if you would like, you could also sponsor the building of a new enclosure.
- Enrichment activities - To stimulate the animals through punctual activities or building a new toy or tool to put in the animal's enclosure.
As a sponsor you will receive:
- A quarterly update of your animal's progress in the form of an e-postcard
- If you make a commitment to sponsor an animal for a year, your name will be on the enclosure of the animal you sponsor
- You can pop in and visit anytime should you find yourself in the area
- You will be personally participating in conserving South Africa's wildlife
If you are interested in sponsoring one of our beloved animals with a monthly, quaterly or annual donation please click here to see the full list of animals you can adopt.
Donate your Time
DAKTARI is always looking for help with small projects and many of them can be done remotely. If you have a particular skill that you can use to help DAKTARI, please don't hesitate to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Alternatively, if you are looking to get more involved and want to contribute your skills for 6-12 months, have a look at our long-term volunteering page.
DAKTARI's Banking Details
Due to the risk of fraudulent activities on our accounts we cannot display our bank details publicly, please contact email@example.com to request the information. Thank you for your understanding.